About the Magazine
Founded in 1997, North & South serves as an alternative to the “pop history” magazines.
North & South is dedicated to the proposition that popular history need be neither trivial nor inaccurate.
Within its pages readers will find lively writing and fresh material from the country's top historians.
• Fresh material based on on-going research
• Lavish illustration and captions that add further depth to the articles
• Maps that enable readers to follow battle narratives step-by-step
• Notes that enable readers to judge the validity of what they are reading
• In-depth coverage of every aspect of the war
• Accurate history by top authors
• A rich variety of perspectives
• Briefings—book reviews
• Knapsack—a pot-pourri of shorter items
• Crossfire—a lively letters column
• "Do You Know?" trivia and "Teaser" question
(correct answers to the Teaser are entered into a drawing, and the winner receives a book prize)
See for yourself.
Read some Sample Articles & Book Reviews
To order slip cases for storing your copies of
North & South, go to
or call (215) 674 8476.